Sunday, November 16, 2008

Technical Difficulties and This Columnist

I like Stan Parks. He's a great guy: smart, diligent, and all that.

I'm beginning to wonder if he ever sleeps.

My telephone rang at about 2:15 Saturday morning. It was Stan. He was in the Chronicle-Gazette offices, getting up close and personal with our network. Seems it had decided to replace the current online version of the paper with articles that had no headlines, were datelined November 17, 2006, and were blank after that.

One more thing: my column was gone. Stan wanted me to know, so that I could re-post it. Good idea, actually.

Only one problem: I couldn't log in. I call Stan, let him know, and try to get back to sleep. About 9:00 Saturday morning, the phone rang again. It was Stan, asking me to try again.

Same result. Or, rather, lack of a result.

That went on all weekend. I've gotten on the network now, obviously, but the system won't let me upload anything.

That's it. I'm done for now. I've got an assignment tomorrow morning, and I have got to get some sleep.

2 comments:

Brigid said...

Now that's what I call technical difficulties!

The gremlins were hard at work over there.

Brian H. Gill said...

Brigid,

Indeed! ;)

("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Loonfoot Falls Watchers